Junior Data Analyst
Praescient Analytics, LLC (Praescient) is a Veteran-led, certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) founded in 2011 that specializes in implementing advanced analytics solutions across the defense, intelligence, and law enforcement communities. With over 40 contracts across 6 continents, over 70% of our employees are veterans and or have intel/law enforcement experience. We fully understand the unique challenges of our clients and work to identify, vet, implement, and enhance commercial and proprietary technologies to provide full scope solutions, because we have been there. Praescient has extensive experience designing, developing, and integrating solutions for customers including the US Army, Special Operations Command (SOCOM), US Navy (USN), US Marine Corps (USMC), US Coast Guard (USCG), Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), intelligence community, and local law enforcement agencies, among others.
This position is in support of the Department of Justice US Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York (EDNY). The organization requires a modern big data solution to support broad and high profile investigative priorities. As a Praescient employee supporting this effort, you will be on the front lines implementing EDNY’s premier investigative analysis platform. Praescient Analytics is in search of a Junior Data Analytics Solutions Analyst to provide support for projects related to investigations and litigation cases. This includes assisting the Data Analytics Solutions Analyst team as needed in support of analytics solutions for attorneys, investigators, and case teams.
- Gather a wide variety of data types from primary and secondary sources through diverse channels using a combination of methods that will be researched and employed by the Data Analytics Management team.
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and enforcing streamlined and efficient processes for project lifecycles, from collection through transformation of data; and will support the team’s goals for timelines, training, resources, and budgets in support of the finalization of client deliverables.
- Support the collection, documentation, vetting and onboarding of data, will provide input to the Data Analytics Engineer team on the database development and set up, and assist with validating the population of data into the appropriate analytical tools.
- Assist in the defining, developing, and communicating data analytics solutions to support the customer which includes:
- Corresponding with key stakeholder personnel via regular consultations with clients to elicit requirements and provide regular status updates, performing data analysis and modeling to understand and identify data relationships/trends/classifications/predictions
- Building experience in all available analysis and visualization software, proposing reporting solutions that best present the information to their supervisor.
- Providing regular status updates to the Data Analytics Solutions Analyst – Senior regarding assigned tasks.
- Ensuring successful completion of work, timeliness of deliverables, and quality control.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using analytics tools, methods, and visualization software.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience in one or more of the following tools: Tableau Software; IBM I2/EIA; IBM Analyst Notebook; Database (SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL); Programming and/or scripting (Python, R, Java); Natural Language Processing; Neo4j or other graph databases; Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment; and Other analytic and visualization tools.
- General understanding of database, ETL, and analytics tools and concepts.
- The candidate should take the initiative to attack new challenges and learn new skills independently.
- Must be well organized and flexible.
- Interested in a diverse skillset in data analytics and has current skills in either data analysis, litigation support, statistical software, analytic programming languages (Python, R, Java, SAS), visualization software, or database management.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Real opportunity for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated
- Constant collaboration with numerous teams to ensure client success
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, Company paid United Health Care Medical for you and your family (We pay your premiums and deductibles)
- 401(k) & 4% matching
- Travel & performance incentives
- 3 weeks paid time off (plus Federal Holidays)
- $5K annual training allowance
- $500 book allowance
- Tuition reimbursement program
Praescient Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or on any other basis which is protected under applicable law. This includes a commitment to provide a work environment that is free from all forms of illegal harassment including sexual harassment.
This covers all terms and conditions of employment including (but not limited to):
- Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, or demotion of all job classifications;
- Recruiting, advertising or solicitation for employment;
- Treatment during employment;
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation;
- Selection for training;
- Company sponsored social and recreational activities; and
- Layoff or termination
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship Required Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Arlington, VA