Junior Data Scientist
About the job
Riverside Research is seeking individuals to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) within their Intelligence Enterprise conducting digital forensics in a variety of roles at their Nebraska Avenue Complex in Washington, DC. This effort is in support of Intelligence and Counterintelligence Analysis and Training and Tradecraft Support 2 (ICATT2).
All positions at Riverside Research require US citizenship.
The Data Scientist will join a team responsible for developing advanced analytics products; applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data to advance and enable key mission outcomes. In this role, you will support all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions to ETL, from performing analyses to delivery of insights to decision-makers, with particular attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce and consume it.
- Active TS Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience. Four years of experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Ability to handle raw data (e.g. structured, unstructured, and mixed datasets), and can analyze data through the application of various statistical techniques or tools.
- Familiar with programming languages such as, but not limited to: R, SAS, Python, MatLab, SQL, Hive, Pig, and Spark.
- Experienced in working with and exploiting big data; distributed computing; predictive modelling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; story-telling; and visualization.
- Demonstrates an ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning.
- Ability to collect, clean, and mung data in a timely manner as part of a cross-functional team in an intelligence, or related, environment.
- Possesses strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word.
- Knowledge of data mining, machine learning, data visualization and statistical modeling
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on “EEO is the Law”, please visit:
- Address Washington, DC