Lead Big Data Engineer
We are looking for a Lead/Senior Data Engineer for the Enterprise Data Organization to build and manage data pipelines (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for an Azure cloud-based data analytics platform. The candidate will possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with data transformation, data modeling, Master data management, and Meta data management. This candidate will act as a onsite lead of a team of engineers based out of Eastern Europe, and will interact with the client stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization.
- Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships.
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a matrix organization, self-driven.
- A go-getter and a problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, work under pressure.
- Results-oriented, flexible, adaptable.
- Work well independently, and be a team player.
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective influencing skills.
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
- Professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python, SQL
- Java Hands-on design and development experience in data space : data processing / data transformation using ETL tools,
- data warehouse (data modeling, programming),
- RDBMS Exposure in Microsoft technologies like SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS
- Experience with a DevOps model utilizing a CI/CD tool
- Hands-on Talend work experience (anyone with this skill will have an advantage over other candidates)
- Understanding of data science and visualization technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks)
- Experience working on a cloud environment, preferably, Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Azure DW)
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Medical insurance
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is a leading provider of technology consulting, agile co-creation, scalable engineering and data science services for Fortune 500 corporations undergoing digital transformation.
We work in close collaboration with our clients on digital transformation initiatives that span strategy consulting, early prototypes and enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms. We help organizations become more agile and create innovative digital products and experiences using deep expertise in emerging technology, top global engineering talent, lean software development practices, and high-performance product culture.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 1,300 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Central and Eastern Europe, Grid Dynamics has architected and delivered some of the most extensive digital transformation programs in the retail, technology and financial sectors to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Atlanta, Georgia