Lead Data Engineer
BICP, a market leader in BI, Advanced Analytics and Innovation Platforms, is looking to hire two (2) Lead Data Engineers to support new cloud transformation initiatives at our long standing Fortune 100 Retail client in Beaverton, OR. We currently have a team on-site supporting multiple groups with their drive to deploy NextGen platforms and applications capable of powering real time analytics. Ideal candidate will have 5+ years Data Engineering experience in large enterprise environments dealing with massive volumes of data. Consultant will have prior experience supporting cloud based, analytics-driven transformation efforts from legacy to NextGen platforms. Lead Data Engineers will be expected to collaborate closely with leadership to strategize and deploy cutting edge Big Data solutions in adherance to accepted Best Practices and guidelines. Lead DE’s must have prior Agile experience and comfortable leading highly technical teams and effectively articulating solutions to non-technical business audiences.
- 5+ years of experience with data engineering with emphasis on data analytics and reporting
- Experience developing with scripting languages such as Shell and Python
- Strong experience developing with PySpark, preferably leveraging AWS EMR managed service
- Expert experience with SQL and Relational database engineering (Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata)— expert-level SQL abilities
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies– Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming
- Experience working with source-code management tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Ability to partner with business and technology team members, to understand business requirements and translate those into value-add technology solutions
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing solutions in Snowflake
- Experience with workload automation tools such as Airflow, Autosys.
- Prior Kubernetes, Lambda, Spark Streaming etc.
- Prior AWS DevOps knowledge
If you’re looking to join an organization where there is tremendous growth opportunity, that operates with transparency and with a highly collaborative approach then BICP could be a great place to accelerate your career. We offer excellent compensation and we will reimburse the cost of relocation to Portland (if needed).
BICP is a leading-edge consulting firm focused on delivering innovative and transformative BI&A, Advanced Analytics and Big Data solutions to our customers. With deep experience across a diverse ecosystem of NextGen platforms, Analytics and Data Science applications we have the required product ambiguity and expertise to deliver truly best in breed solutions customized to our client’s specific business needs.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Portland, Oregon