Lead Software Developer – Machine Learning (Remote)
About the job
8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238 CarMax, the way your career should be!
Lead development for an industry leader
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms. As Lead Software Developer you will be at the forefront of this process, setting the vision for digital product development, and taking a holistic view of software quality and architecture. Bringing together business and technical experts to create better experiences for our customers, you will combine hands-on development with monitoring and mentoring your team to ensure they work at their peak. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that’s right for them.
Lead Software Developer – Machine Learning
As a Lead Software Developer- Machine Learning within the Data Science and Machine Learning Technology team, you will be creating solutions and providing technical expertise and leadership to a group of ML Engineers dedicated to productionizing and operationalizing algorithms through services for enterprise-level consumption. You will lead a pod/work stream through the entire project life cycle, including collaborating with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Technology teams, and Leadership to deliver highly impactful capabilities that drive CarMax’s unique Omni-Channel experience.
- 8-10+ years software development experience in an enterprise-level engineering environment demonstrating increasing levels of technical and team leadership
- 3+ years leading the end-to-end design and development of machine learning services to be consumed at enterprise-scale
- Deep expertise in Python and 1+ object-oriented programming languages
- Experience in Microsoft Azure or equivalent cloud technologies
- Expertise in DevOps practices, testing frameworks, and CI/CD
- Experience with data science libraries, machine-learning frameworks, and ML Ops
- Outstanding communication skills – ability to translate product requirements and architecture into high-level technical design and map onto epics and features
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies and using them effectively to lead team delivery
- Ability to lead team through multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize decisions and tasks and work in a fast-paced, changing environment driven by a Product organization
- Deep understanding of trade-offs of architectural patterns and sound decision-making and confidence in recommending approaches and associated technology choices
- A deep passion for the Machine Learning space including conceptual knowledge of methodologies
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Experience deploying solutions using containers and experience with orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning Services or equivalent and MLflow or equivalent model-registry tools
- 1-3 years’ direct experience leading a team/pod of software developers including professional mentorship
- Ability to influence stakeholders and project scope across multiple teams and guide technical delivery
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Richmond, VA