Machine Learning Compiler Optimization Engineer – 82591
About the job
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Machine Learning Compiler Optimization Engineer
Software development to improve execution of Machine Learning system software for AMD GPU compute platforms. Work as part of a team creating optimized compiler transformations and tuned libraries that take advantage of the latest LLVM and MLIR compiler infrastructure. Become part of the AMD development team and broader open-source community to analyze, develop, test and upstream improvements that make AMD the best platform for machine learning applications.
Strong technical and analytical skills in C++ development in a Linux environment. Work as part of a team, while also being able to work independently.
- Work on compiler technologies to optimize transformation of high-level machine learning operations into tuned ISA code for AMD GPUs.
- Work closely with library developers to adopt and use these compiler technologies to enable library development.
- Work closely with open-source maintainers to have your changes adopted.
- Work in a distributed compute setting to optimize for both scale-up (multi-GPU) and scale-out (multi-node) systems.
- Excellent C/C++ programming and software design skills including debugging, performance analysis and test design
- Strong background with compiler optimizations or extended experience with LLVM compiler framework.
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope, and lead your own development effort
- Knowledge of GPU computing and basic understanding of Deep Learning is a plus
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Requisition Number: 82591
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Austin, TX