Machine Learning Engagement Engineer
About the job
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join the ML Engagement group in the ML Platform team at Spotify. Our mission is to democratize and improve the state of ML across Spotify. The ML Engagements team provides education, consulting and solution development services to build a stronger and more inclusive ML community at Spotify. In this role you will work directly with teams at Spotify to help them identify and implement opportunities for ML, using the tooling that the ML Platform is building for Spotify. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences music!
What You’ll Do
- Build and consult on impactful ML solutions for teams across Spotify
- Support and contribute to ML education efforts
- Influence engagements strategy and drive impactful ML at Spotify
- Work closely with multi-functional teams of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, product managers and designers who are all passionate about crafting a world-class experience for all our users and employees.
- Champion state-of-the-art tooling and ML Engineering standard methodologies (TensorFlow, TFX, Kubeflow Pipelines, Cloud Bigtable)
- Gain a deep understanding of various models used by our partners on both structured and unstructured content (text, audio, images, behavioral data etc)
- Evaluate feasibility of projects through quick prototyping with respect to performance, quality, time and cost using Agile methodologies
Who You Are
- You have development experience with languages such as Python, Java, or Scala
- You have previous confirmed experience with ML systems using frameworks such as Scikit-learn and Tensorflow
- You have experience building end-to-end ML solutions
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You routinely survey research publications in the machine learning and software engineering communities
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You preferably have open source contributions to share with us
- Skilled communicator and have a proven track record of leading work across subject areas
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York, NY