Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Virtualitics is a fast-growing startup focused on uncovering key insights in data. Our software helps customers through a combination of machine learning, immersive data visualization, and a collaborative shared virtual environment. Our technology is based on a decade of research at Caltech (California Institute of Technology) and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
The platform has been deployed by government agencies, several Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries, and many prestigious academic centers. We’re proud to have recently been named one of the Air Force’s “big bets” on emerging technology!
Our fast-growing team is looking for a skilled, motivated, and reliable ML Platform Engineer to help grow our company.
What You’ll Do:
- Write Python code to support the infrastructure for Virtualitics Fusion and Predict
- Improve scalability and performance of Fusion and Predict through exploring optimal integration with HPC for data engineering and machine learning tasks
- Work as a member of the machine learning team to understand client datasets and use cases and build our platform to support them
- Degree in Computer Science
- 2-4 years of experience writing production ready code
- 3-5 years of experience with Python
- Experience integrating applications with Spark or Dask
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing frameworks
- Experience with SQL or other database systems
- Experience with Git (or an alternative version control tool)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which the U.S. government issues. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- An ability to thrive in a start-up environment; quick to take responsibility
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing machine learning models and other data science techniques
- Experience using python libraries data science libraries: pandas, sklearn, etc.
- Available to work on-site (Los Angeles).
What We Offer You:
We are a team of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary software company. At Virtualitics, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Southern California. Our benefits include highly competitive pay, equity, and fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for you + dependents, unlimited PTO, and tons of office snacks!
Virtualitics is committed to building a company where every individual can bring their full impact and reach their fullest potential. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive environment where talented people of all cultures, ages, perspectives, opinions, education, backgrounds, races, gender identity, religions, orientations, abilities, and beliefs can grow and thrive with Virtualitics.
- Address Los Angeles, CA