Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Want to create new communication experience for people to interact and stay in touch using Alexa. The Alexa Communications team enables millions of customers to connect with anyone, anywhere through convenient, meaningful, and trusted communication features, such as group calling, video and audio calling, Drop In, and announcements. Alexa Communications AI team is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to develop Machine Learning and Deep Learning solutions using big data. Come build the future with us.
A day in the life
We seek someone who is excited about transforming the communications experience, driving new connections, as well as enhancing the quality of messages, voice and video calls. Imagine building new ways of interacting which will improve and at times, save lives.
About The Hiring Group
The Alexa Communications team’s mission is to bring people closer together. We enable customers to enhance their communications experience through Alexa. Our goal is to drive convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. Alexa Comms AI team uses cutting-edge AI technology to improve customer’s experience. We develop systems that that drive high-velocity learning. We build ML models that naturally and precisely understand each customer.
- Collaborate with scientists on developing and evaluating machine learning models using large datasets.
- Ensure Quality of architecture and system design, own scaling up successful prototypes and implementing a reliable automated production workflow for the model.
- Collaborate with software development engineers to integrate the model into production.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Knowledge in performance, scalability, and engineering best practices.
- Research and benchmark Amazon technology against competing systems in the industry.
- Serve as a technical lead on challenging, cross-functional projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (Machine learning, AI, Statistics or equivalent)
- Experience with common machine learning techniques such as preprocessing data, training and evaluation of ML models, and statistical evaluation of experimental data.
- Experience building workflows involving large dataset and/or machine learning models in production using distributed computing and big data processing concepts and technologies.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems.
- Project planning and execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Technical communication skills, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1549191
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Seattle, WA