Machine Learning Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Machine Learning Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Do you want to join a Machine Learning team committed to personalizing the PlayStation experience for millions of users? The work we do delivers impactful insights to build an increasingly dynamic and interactive experience! The Machine Learning Engineer within the platform engineering group will deliver optimize interactions across PlayStation experiences and systems by designing, coding, training, documenting, cost-effectively deploying and evaluating very large-scale machine learning systems.
We are looking for someone who can build delightful products and experiences for millions, in an agile environment, collaborating with teams-across Engineering, Product and Design. Further, you will be immersed in ML technologies, tools and processes, as you help to advance our technical objectives and architectural initiatives.
- Design and develop supervised classification, ranking, and recommendation online and offline systems.
- Evaluate model performance online and offline.
- Prototype production-ready data science solutions for business problems.
- Identify and extract information from huge amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to code effectively in Python, Scala or Java
- MS in engineering, data science with a specialization in machine learning or equivalent experience
- Strong software engineering knowledge with experience in building and maintaining online customer-facing micro service
- 3+ years of industry work experience in designing and analyzing machine learning-based solutions that ideally include: recommender systems, personalization, forecasting, conversational systems, outlier detection, and hypothesis testing.
- Strong Statistical knowledge
- Experience with tech stacks such as Spark, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus.
- Experience with machine learning tools such as MLlib, Tensorflow, and scikit-learn.
- Experience system distributed cloud-based environments, such as AWS.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address San Francisco, CA