Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Transactions are Plaid’s largest and most comprehensive set of data. We take in millions of messy raw transactions from thousands of banks in unique formats, standardize them into a single structured schema, and then enrich them with both derived and inferred insights. We employ a mix of traditional and machine learning techniques, and take pride in solving non-deterministic problems. The fruit of our labor is the FinTech industry default API for accessing users’ transaction data. Not only does our work power Plaid’s massive ecosystem of customers and partner banks, but also the entire range of our other product offerings.
You’ll be responsible for implementing the models that parse and enrich our transaction data along with the infrastructure that supports them. This includes exploring creative ways to increase our categorization accuracy, to infer location information from more transactions, and to understand user behavior patterns. You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment and be expected to lead projects end-to-end.
We’re guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Applying Machine Learning to solve challenging and open-ended real-world problems.
- Identifying customer needs and translating them into product solutions.
- Building scalable and performant production systems.
- Working closely with and mentoring teammates.
What excites us
- 5+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models from inception to business impact.
- Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical models, such as classification, clustering, optimization, deep neural network and natural language processing.
- Ability to code and iterate independently on top of data infrastructure tools like Python, Spark, Jupyter notebooks, standard ML libraries, etc.
- Strong product intuition and excitement to work fast and iteratively.
- Data analytics and data engineering experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or a closely related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York, United States