Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Do you have experience working with NLP, knowledge graphs, or question answering systems? Are you passionate about functional and operational performance? Do you want a chance to use cutting-edge tools, technologies and work in close collaboration with applied scientists to deliver value to millions of customers?
About The Team
As part of the Alexa Information team, our group combines natural language understanding, natural language generation, large volumes of structured knowledge, and autonomous machine reasoning to answer Alexa customer questions in the most natural way possible. We’ve solved many complex problems to get to where we are today, but there are still plenty of challenges ahead of us. Our goal is to be able to answer every Alexa customer question, every time. We need your help to build the advancements required to make that a reality.
Job responsibilities include
- Collaborate closely with applied scientists on machine learning operations tasks ranging from ML data management to training and deployment of ML models.
- Develop data collections, labeling pipelines and evaluation pipelines. Research and develop machine learning models for training resources.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experimental results into complex Amazon production systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in ML as listed in preferred qualifications
An ideal candidate will have experience or have demonstrated expertise in some of the following:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience in ML
- ML data management (collect, store, manage data), creating training datasets (data labeling, feature engineering, data partitioning, sampling and slicing), building and training machine learning infrastructure, model deployment (inference constraints, model compression, server and client side ML, employment evaluation), ML infrastructure monitoring and maintenance, familiarity with architectural choices for ML systems.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems
- Prior experience working in collaboration with ML/data scientists
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1732333
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Santa Barbara, CA