Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Are you passionate about solving healthcare challenges with artificial intelligence and machine learning? Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is looking for self-motivated machine learning engineer to help solve clinical research challenges and deliver novel medicines to patients in need sooner!
You will join a dynamic, high impact team focused on developing innovative, data-driven solutions to improve the speed, cost and quality of drug development. As a leader in pre-clinical, central laboratory and clinical trial management services, Covance has assembled an unrivaled database of clinical trial performance. As a drug development division of LabCorp, Covance has access to unique diagnostic data on patients in need of breakthrough treatments. As a member of Data & Technology team, you will apply the art of data science and power of the modern AI/ML technology to unlock the value of this data and help pharmaceutical and biotech companies to optimize and ensure success of their clinical trials.
As a machine learning engineer and key member of the informatics team, you will develop machine learning approaches, tools and methodologies that will utilize operational, clinical, diagnostic and other data to address drug development challenges. Examples of such challenges include optimization of study design to reduce study complexity and improve patient availability, selection of clinical sites and investigators to optimize patient recruitment, forecasting and avoidance of operational and safety risks, and modelling to optimize the utilization of resources, patient safety, optimal trial execution, and maximum operational efficiency in clinical studies.
You will be responsible for building and delivering robust machine learning pipelines, applications, and services. You will be expected to implement and productionize state-of-the-art machine learning models and algorithms that will enable effective use of company’s data assets and will generate operational benefits for our teams and clients. You will work in a partnership with our software engineers, data architects and clinical subject matter experts to develop innovative solutions that will advance and reimagine drug development.
We seek smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to a fast-paced and dynamic team, are obsessed with delivering useful solutions, and care deeply about their customers and each other.
- Transform data science prototypes into production-quality software
- Write production quality code while implementing your own ideas
- Train, test, and validate machine learning and data science models
- Design machine learning and AI applications
- Build underlying software infrastructure to better manage, integrate and mine data
- Work closely with engineering teams and participate in the product development cycle from inception, research and prototyping to release in production.
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, machine learning, data science, bioinformatics, statistics, or engineering/quantitative fields
- Strong computer science background
- Excellent understanding of building applications and data science products
- Extensive knowledge of API, data structure, and software development
- Production-level coding skills in Python, Java, C/C++/C#, Scala, Rust or similar
- Good understanding of data mining, machine learning, and predictive analytics theory and approaches with a demonstrated expertise in applying regression, classification, neural network, unsupervised learning, and reinforcement learning techniques
- Proficiency with basic machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas
- Familiarity with one of the deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Hands on experience with Linux/Unix and cloud platforms AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Great communication and collaboration skills
Covance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Address Princeton, NJ