20 Petabytes! The volume of healthcare data at your fingertips to wrangle and apply data science.
As part of an innovative multidisciplinary team you will be the ML engineering talent in collaborative innovative and agile teams that experiment, rapidly incubate, and establish to scale digital platforms that deliver value to Novartis in technology areas like process automation, Cognitive Computing (AI, ML), Blockchain, IoT and advanced data analytics.
You will own features across the solution lifecycle end-to-end and will engineer ML algorithms along with data pipelines in support of solutions across the Pharma value chain spanning from drug development to manufacturing / supply chain to commercialization and access and potentially tapping into 20PB of data.
Applying a combination of data engineering, data analysis / modelling, algorithm implementation and testing this role encompasses the full lifecycle – from ideation to requirements elicitation, design, implementation, rollout and operations of the solutions in regulated and contexts.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather requirements, design, develop and support machine-learning systems. Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools. Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and workflows.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods. Run machine learning tests and experiments. Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results and train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks, keep abreast of developments in the field and contribute as part of development and application teams to create products and solutions from prototype to production and beyond as well as create and maintain documentation per needs.
- Invest your time in building a sound understanding of the key business activities/domains. Provide an ability to think about business processes outside of the technology context. Define and conduct user-training sessions, perform day-to-day support on active use of solutions to drive user adoption of innovative solutions.
- Provide input to project proposals related to new technologies/innovations. Actively engage with business and technical stakeholders in design workshops and prototyping sessions. Where necessary facilitate and conduct such workshops. Capturing user requirements and translating them
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you will bring to this role:
- Minimum 3 years of industry related experience B.S./M.S in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experienced in engineering ML systems, deploying and operating at scale in mission critical context
- Foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design, exposure to data science and algorithm development
- Exposure to Design Thinking and working in Agile teams with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experienced in multiple technologies like Java, Python, R, React, SQL, AWS/Azure, PHP (Preferred)
- Programming Languages: (script) Python/R/Java, (databases) SQL
- Technologies/frameworks: AWS/Azure, RESTful APIs, MySQL/SQLServer/Oracle or NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB), Git
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (such as Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
Position will be filled commensurate with experience
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data, where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
East Hanover, NJ
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address East Hanover, NJ