Machine Learning Engineer at S&P Global Market Intelligence in Boston
As a Lead Application Developer for the Market Intelligence Data Science Team, you will take part in building out new functionalities and enhance the same using the big data, spark and microservices stack on Machine Learning Algorithms and building out ML Services Stack using Docker and Kubernetes. In addition, you will be supporting the existing applications from your team. You will also work very closely with cross-functional teams in the Market Intelligence space to build platform agnostic Machine Learning Services. Our team currently uses these skills/tools: Java, SQL, NoSQL, Distributed Computing Platform (HDFS, Apache Spark), REST services, Python, Jupyter, AWS SageMaker, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Shell Scripting, and Python.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS in Computer Science is preferred. Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience
- At least 5+ years of hands on development in building enterprise applications to cloud [AWS / Azure / GCP];
- Must have Hands-on experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms [ like RNN, CNN, LSTM, Logistic Regression, XGBoost etc] , Core Java 8(Collections, Concurrency, Multi-Threading, Locks), Java 8 Streams, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, Git, Shell Scripting
- Familiarity in building microservices using Zuul, Ribbon, Hystrix is desirable.
- Experience in working with REST APIs and Cassandra is highly desirable
- 2-3 years of experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a must
- 2-3 years of building and implementing ML Algorithms [Logistic Regression, Neural Networks, Random Forest and Gradient Boosting Algorithms]
- Any prior experience in financial industry is a big plus
- Exposure to TDD and Agile Methodologies and working in a Scrum Team
- Knowledge and experience in Distributed Computing Platforms like HDFS & Apache Spark are a must
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
Discover More AI Jobs: