Machine Learning Engineer
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, that have empowered our staggering growth, and could be instrumental to your career development
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Indianapolis, and Guadalajara, SalesLoft is growing rapidly and is looking for future Lofters to join our team. As a testament to our Organizational Health, SalesLoft has been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and has been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta’ three separate years. SalesLoft is ranked #1 in the emerging category of Sales Engagement software and is on a mission to equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages, and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Machine Learning Engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing engineering team working on new technologies in an environment that supports your technical and professional growth.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for serving as a liaison between the Data Science and Product Delivery teams to architect and deliver end-to-end data pipelines. Specifically, you will:
- Operationalize machine learning research at SalesLoft.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on building and delivering models to production environments.
- Manage complete data lifecycles, including feature engineering, ETL workflows, iterating on deployed models, and monitor for model drift.
- Formalize the software development of machine learning in the platform by establishing standard frameworks and workflows.
- Build solutions at scale.
- Mentor peer Software Engineers who collaborate on development and seek to learn.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to create impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a bias-towards-action candidate who will help make machine learning a pervasive presence in the SalesLoft culture and platform. We are looking for someone who can establish the foundations for delivering novel research based on practical experience, at scale. Ideal candidates will be familiar with both structured and unstructured (natural language processing) data pipelines. They will advise the data research team on how to best architect, deploy, and maintain models in production environments, while also serving as a mentor to other engineers who are collaborating on software or express a passion for learning more about machine learning. We are looking for someone who can clearly communicate to less-technical audiences and participate in roadmap planning based on customer feedback.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more than previously possible… if you’re passionate about innovation, growth and serving customers and thrive in a fast-paced, developmental environment, then becoming a Machine Learning Engineer is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Data Scientists and Software Engineers who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Engineering team consists of seasoned and up-and-coming Software Engineers who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us. They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 2+ years of proven experience in building machine learning applications at scale
- Python software development
- Deep learning tools; TensorFlow, Keras
- Word embeddings; Word2vec, GloVe
- Strong SQL skills across many data stores
- Diverse extract-transform-load (ETL) experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to learn and continuously improve
- Cloud-based environments; AWS, GCP
- Containerized workflows and deployment; Docker, Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Learn how the SalesLoft platform works and helps customers win
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the SalesLoft team
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in Data Science and Product Delivery
- Become familiar with existing machine learning features and workflows in the product
- Be an active participant in team meetings and learn about ongoing research and development projects
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be familiar with the platform and data science code in production
- Actively implementing data pipelines
- Planning incremental improvements towards better positioning the platform for data science applications
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to establish clear objectives, acceptance criteria and timelines.
- Immerse yourself in the technical and sales contexts of the SalesLoft platform.
- Interact regularly with data infrastructure, engineering, and technical operations teams and start to establish monitoring metrics and processes.
- Implement the first of several large scale NLP models into production.
- Gain experience learning about and joint problem solving high-level business problems
- Provide Internal expertise in data science and machine learning skill areas.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Implement model monitoring capabilities and processes
- Be responsible for custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Advise team members on improving model performance.
- Owning data science engineering projects and managing the data science software development lifecycle.
- Sharing knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our organization.
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and support to junior team members with a focus on developing scalable talent while amplifying individual expertise and contributions.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Pioneer initiatives around handling unstructured data, data quality, and performance.
- Interpreting data science challenges and opportunities into actionable engineering strategies
- Proactively identify forward-looking data engineering strategies, utilizing appropriate technologies, and implementing at scale.
- Recognized as a leader on the SalesLoft data team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Atlanta Metropolitan Area