Machine Learning Engineer
CodaMetrix is a well-capitalized, early-stage company focused on solving some of the more interesting yet challenging problems in clinical and healthcare administrative areas. The company was formed by the Massachusetts General Brigham (MGB) to help commercialize and build upon internally developed, and highly utilized AI-driven solutions.
CodaMetrix is led by proven entrepreneurs, technology, and healthcare veterans, whose vision is to create a highly desirable atmosphere for technical talent to flourish and develop innovative, significant, reliable, and broadly utilized solutions.
As an early-stage company, specific responsibilities will evolve, and significant job expansion and promotion opportunities are available.
At CodaMetrix, the machine learning and AI team is responsible for the invention, analysis, and deployment of new machine learning techniques using healthcare data to improve administrative and clinical medicine.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our machine learning team and help with translating proof-of-concept ideas to product grade solutions. The Machine Learning Engineer will work closely with data scientists, product owners, and backend engineers to gather requirements and understand performance criteria to deliver solutions that bring our AI-driven robust and scalable products to market. The Machine Learning Engineer reports to the Senior Director of Machine Learning and AI.
- Establish processes for data and modeling lifecycle through managing the transitions from proof-of-concept to production.
- Promote for best practice software development principles.
- Implement and test machine learning and deep learning techniques at scale.
- Analyze the quality and calibration of predictive models.
- Collaborate with machine learning, engineering, and product development teams, for deployment of new machine learning techniques and follow deployments, tracking issues, and successes.
- Interface with medical coders, administrators, and physicians to understand the strengths and weaknesses of existing products and to help develop new machine learning-empowered products.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or a related technical field with significant course or project work in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or data science. A masters degree with significant course or project work in a machine learning related field is a plus.
- Minimum of two years experience in professional software development.
- Fluent with software development best practices, including version control, documentation, testing and CI/CD.
- Extensive experience with machine learning approaches and an understanding of the analysis and testing processes of machine learning algorithms.
- Must have experience with AWS, particularly SageMaker, cloud storage (S3, Redshift) and computing (EC2, EMR)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases, particularly Elastic Search and production database systems (e.g. Postgres) and technologies
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python and/or Java.
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing approaches.
- Familiarity with deep learning approaches such as CNN, RNN and Reinforcement learning.
- Some knowledge of US healthcare systems.
Location: Boston, MA with the ability to work remotely.
Job Type: Regular, full-time.
Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with the level of experience.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Boston, Massachusetts