Machine Learning Engineer I
The Conversation Platform Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year – with a global brand portfolio and workforce.
Would you like to work with a creative, highly collaborative and nurturing engineering team building an intelligent, scalable and personalized travel assistance platform?
Are you interested in working with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) along with the latest and greatest backend engineering stacks?
Our goal is to build the best conversational technology platform in the industry. A platform that can meet customers on any channel (social, SMS, web, or voice), to understand and anticipate their needs and deliver unparalleled service. We are using cutting edge AI and ML technologies to build this platform.
Our conversation platform is to conversations, what AWS is to compute and storage; a one stop shop to build conversational intelligence and virtual agent solutions for the entire company and beyond.
What You’ll Do
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will build data products and services that improve our customer experiences. You will implement various components of the conversation technology platform.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing systems, workflows, and models that address business and product needs
- While a part of the job will be training and optimizing ML models, you will be responsible for building and maintaining end-to-end systems in which machine learning models are just one (important) component
- Train and deploy ML models where required to tackle business problems, but also find simpler solutions
- Ship ML based services built using Java/Kotlin/Python and deep natural language understanding to support building of smart virtual agents
- Work with technologies such as: Java, Kotlin, Python, AWS, Kafka, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Docker, Spring Framework, Dropwizard, Data Dog, Looker and various ML tools and libraries
- Your work will enable groups across the company to build outstanding virtual agent experiences across Expedia Group brands and our partners worldwide that address traveler needs without needing human intervention!
Who You Are
- Have a BS or preferably an MS in Computer Science with concentration in machine learning or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience with Java, C++, Python, Scala or other equivalent languages
- Solid foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with ML frameworks and tools such as scikit-learn, PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience training and evaluating ML models, and integrating them into production software systems
- Experience with NLP
- Comfortable with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and have worked in a CI/CD environment.
- Have experience working in an agile software development environment
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills
- A problem solver who gets things done and an excellent coder with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, distributed applications, and data modeling.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Seattle, WA