Machine Learning Engineer
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The OneAmex team delivers a core foundational platform leveraged by various teams at American Express to drive decisions that impact our customer experience. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with Java and Python expertise.
As part of the One Amex Experimentation team, you will be responsible for:
- Driving requirements for structured data formats from a wide variety of data sources
- Build data science products across a wide range of digital data streams (Anomaly Detection, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval)
- Work with engineering teams to deploy robust, highly available decisioning and alerting pipelines based on your models.
- Regularly attend key initiative stand-ups, proactively advising on opportunities to apply the best approach to apply underlying empirically-developed algorithms.
- Strong experience with A/B testing and model evaluations
- Strong proficiency in Java and Python
- Exceptional track record in delivering production grade engineering and ML solutions at different levels of the stack
- Deep technical skills in data engineering, statistics, machine learning, or deep learning and a passion for making these methods more rigorous, robust and scalable
- Practical experience working with and conducting experiments on large datasets then turning prototypes into production models in one or more domains
- Experience applying analytical techniques to provide solutions to real business and engineering problems
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a technical audience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Palo Alto, CA