Machine Learning Engineer
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. At Deloitte, we are creating a world-class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) Center of Excellence to enhance Deloitte’s existing services (Cyber Security, Fraud Detection, Risk Management, etc.) and empower our clients to gain exponential value from their data. Our focus is on bringing data, analytics, and technology together with our deep expertise in multiple industries to drive new product development and significant automation/efficiencies.
Work you’ll do
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning experts that want to be part of a team that has an opportunity to make a significant impact. Opportunities to assist clients will span from genetics (new medicines development) to self-driving vehicles to capital markets modeling. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
- Influence machine learning strategy for a program/project; explore design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigor
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals
- Lead discussions at peer review and use quantitative skills to positively influence decision making
- Effectively explain technical concepts at all levels in the organization, including senior leaders/stakeholders
- Lead, or make major contributions to, improvements in methodology or initiatives to address capability gaps or increase efficiency
- Represent Deloitte externally to advance our reputation as the AI/ML leader in the consulting industry
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to build, test, and validate predictive models
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets
- Deploy your algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stake holders
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts across multiple industries
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies
The team This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious, and bold; to solve novel problems and have the potential to directly impact the lives of people around the world. We have impressive tool-kits and clients with world class data, and we are now looking for talented people to join our team.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- A degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field (Masters or PhD preferred for Senior Manager direct hires)
- Expert understanding of a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow/Keras
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel machine learning methods that go beyond putting together of existing code, and to apply problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- PhD or Master’s degree
- AI/ML publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL) and experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Large-scale deep learning model training
How You’ll Grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Washington, D.C