Machine Learning Intern
About the job
Loyal is a fast-growing healthcare technology company that recently raised its Series A. We are building healthcare’s smartest consumer experience platform, driven by a powerful, integrated data layer. Our remote-friendly team believes that health seekers deserve clarity in their healthcare journey, and we provide our clients with tools that connect and empower at every level of the healthcare ecosystem.
AI at Loyal is a small team of software and machine learning engineers, data scientists, and data analysts who are responsible for advancing our products’ intelligent capabilities and for extracting insights from data. From chatbots to patient sentiment to search, we are tackling a wide variety of problems that require artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing.
We are very excited about bringing on an intern to expand our text analytics capabilities across the product suite. Some potential projects include: sentiment analysis of healthcare data; semantic search; text embeddings exploration; and aspect-based opinion mining.
Core Aspects Of Each Project Will Include
We’re modeling this internship almost like a research paper – we want this to be valuable to us as a company as well as useful as an educational opportunity.
- Problem overview/definition;
- Summary of existing work;
- Proposed approach and methodology (algorithmically, data collection and data sources used, implementation and hardware, etc.);
- Results and analysis
Our intern won’t just be executing on an established plan. A major component of the effort will be to determine the best approach, given a broader goal. The approaches will then be implemented within the current technology stack used by the company.
If you are excited about machine learning and believe you have what it takes to contribute in a fast-paced environment while you learn, we’d love to hear from you!
- Paid internship
- Exciting, interesting work impacting the future of healthcare technology
- Productionized code and results that will impact multi-billion dollar clients
- The opportunity to learn in a fast-growing tech startup that just raised its Series A
Target Academic Level
- A student pursuing at least a Master’s degree, or a rising junior/senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, in a related technical field (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
- Prior course / research experience in machine learning
- Prior internship / work experience a plus, but not required
Discover More AI Jobs: