Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
Machine Learning at Elastic
Machine Learning (ML) for the Elastic Stack allows users to better understand the behavior of their data. We have developed an unsupervised machine learning engine that can plow through large amounts of data and automatically find those insights our users today have been proactively finding using search. Current use cases include finding anomalies within transactions / operational metrics, detecting uncharacteristic user behavior or finding malicious devices.
What You Will Be Doing
As a member of the team, you will contribute to the further development and ongoing maintenance of our ML focussed projects.
The ML user interface has to be both beautifully designed to help users to get insight out of their data and also operationally usable allowing them to easily set-up, configure and operationally manage their ML analysis jobs.
You do not need to be a machine learning expert, however you do need to be comfortable working in a data driven development environment using large complex datasets.
In addition, you will be working closely with data, integration, analytics and QA engineers, as well as collaborating with the core Kibana team and the amazing Elastic Stack community.
What You Will Bring
- At least 1 year’s professional experience with TypeScript
- Good professional working experience with React
- Deep understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Ready to be part of a dedicated distributed team, having strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience writing automated tests
Experience In These Areas Is a Plus
- Knowledge, interest and a real passion for topics in data visualisations, statistics, machine learning, data analytics
- Educational background in a mathematical discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Knowledge of IT Operations, IT Infrastructure, Application Performance Monitoring and/or IT Security domains
Additional Information – We Take Care Of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Post ID: 46
Discover More AI Jobs: