Machine Learning Scientist
About the job
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to help Amazon provide the best customer experience by automatically mitigating risk and providing support solutions?
Do you want to build advanced algorithmic systems that help manage the trust and safety of millions of customer interactions every day? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data and creating state-of-art algorithms to solve real world problems?
Do you like to build end-to-end business solutions and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify processes?
If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Machine Learning Accelerator team in the Amazon Customer Trust and Partner Support group.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create the next generation of scalable risk management and support systems.
- Analyze and understand large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data for specific instances of risk or broader risk trends.
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for risk management.
- Work closely with teams of scientists and software engineers to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
- PhD or equivalent Master’s Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- A MS in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or in a highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis
- Strong ML breadth and depth
- Strong skills with SQL
- Strong skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
- Communication and data presentation skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- A PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research
- 3+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Superior ML breadth and depth
- Expert skills with SQL
- Expert skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
- Superior problem solving ability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1622194
- Address Seattle, WA