About the job
Software changed the way humans live, and machine learning is doing it again today. We started Proscia to use this power to perfect cancer diagnosis by changing the way the world does pathology. That’s why we’re looking for curious thinkers. Big dreamers. Developers, evangelists, pathologists, and scientists. Exceptional talent to help us use great power for good and advance humankind.
At Proscia, we push the limits of medicine and technology, solving problems the world has never solved before. We build software used by thousands of pathologists and know that our work is improving outcomes for patients around the globe. To accelerate our vision, Proscia has raised $35MM in funding from great investors like Scale Venture Partners, Hitachi Ventures, Flybridge, and more.
About this Position
The data to fight cancer lies in images – specifically, in gigapixel scans of tissue. As a Machine Learning Software Engineer, you will be directly involved in the development of cutting-edge AI technology in the field of pathology. Using your experience and knowledge in machine learning software development, you will play a key role in the research and development of Proscia’s digital pathology and AI software. As a core member of Proscia’s AI R&D team, you will be an essential part of transforming the practice of pathology and cancer diagnosis, turning pixels into patterns and insights in the fight against cancer. You are someone who loves not only developing software that will improve patient’s lives, but loves the science and the art of sound software development as well.
- Be an essential part of Proscia’s AI R&D team, working closely with a close team of talented engineers and scientists to develop AI systems
- Take deep learning systems from proofs of concept to robustly-engineered, scalable software products
- Design, develop and test software libraries for training, testing, analysis, and optimization of deep learning models in a collaborative environment
- Architect and implement frameworks to deliver deep learning and computer vision solutions both in the cloud and on prem
- Strategize the development of a complex, fast-growing codebase, improve maintainability, and help accelerate development life cycle
- Help drive coding standards and mentor team members in software development best practices
- Work with cross-functional teams to communicate and document code designs, development process, and validation results
Need to have:
- M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- One year (or 3 years if B.S.) industry experience in algorithm design and implementation, strong familiarity with software engineering best practices
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning and computer vision theory and concepts
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe or PyTorch
- Familiarity with docker or other container technologies
- Strong understanding of research practices
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with version control systems in a collaborative environment
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and web services
- A passion for translational biomedical research
Desirable to have:
- Experience with CUDA or other GPU parallel computing frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with kubernetes and other DevOps tools
- Experience in developing regulated medical software
- Experience with database systems
- Experience with histology image data or other medical image analysis
- Experience in data scraping and wrangling
- Experience with webhooks and scripting
Beyond Just Work
As a company in the healthcare field, we want our people to be happy and healthy, in and out of the office. In addition to competitive pay, we ensure everyone on our team is supported with savings, schedule, and insurance options that promote long-term health and personal growth.
We’re here for the challenge, the camaraderie, and the opportunity to do bold work.
At Proscia, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Proscia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.