Machine Learning Systems Intern
About the job
As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
Etsy is looking for Machine Learning Engineering interns to join our Machine Learning Systems team for summer 2021. Our team’s goal is to build real-time, configurable & scalable systems that enable state of the art machine learning algorithms for product experiences at Etsy.
Our interns attempt to push the boundaries of our ML platform & systems by investigating & building cutting-edge systems for Etsy. We are seeking individuals passionate in building systems & infrastructure for Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
Please check dsml.etsy.com for more information about the team.
What We’re Working On
- Platform for Reinforcement Learning / Bandit algorithms
- Computer Vision systems
- Realtime ML & Streaming services for Machine Learning
- Centralized Feature Store
- Approximate Nearest Neighbor systems
Who You Are
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time M.S. / Ph.D degree program in Computer Science / Machine Learning, or related fields.
- Solid engineering & coding skills and proficiency in at least one programming language of python, Scala, Java or C/C++.
- Hand-on experience in Machine learning frameworks & technologies such as Tensorflow / TFX, Pytorch, Kubeflow.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in at least one of the following fields: Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and can solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- Bonus: Practical experience designing & architecting machine learning systems.
What We Care About
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
- Address Brooklyn, NY