Manager, Big Data Software Engineer
About the job
Requisition Number: 53118 – 65
You’ll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you’ll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That’s why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager in Digital Lighthouse for our Consulting practice.
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, implement, and optimize cloud architectures, platforms and applications to tackle the needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; develop cloud platforms and applications using infrastructure as code methodologies to solve real world problems ensuring quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and be part of teams developing holistic operational solutions & applications contributing with the cloud infrastructure and DevOps capabilities
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading cloud methodologies and new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance; provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
- Progress tools and services useful in cloud DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers, and cloud resource creation scripts
- Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management, and client relationship development; help promote the KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
- Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and clients; participate in developing and presenting thought leadership and help to ensure that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies
- A minimum of seven years of DevOps/systems administrator or equivalent distributed systems development experience; preferably in cloud hosted environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university with minimum two years of experience; or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related fields from an accredited college/university
- Experience in designing cloud architectures and implementing production infrastructures and applications in one or more of the following cloud environments/technologies: Azure, AWS, GCP using infrastructure as code approach, experience in developing data and analytics platforms and applications on cloud is a plus and experience with cloud native container technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Docker experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet is preferred
- Basic software development skills/experience; scripting experience is preferred with a proficiency in Unix/Linux environments and ability to develop in terminal environments; experience with source code management systems like GIT and SVN and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Strong understanding of networking, identity management, monitoring, logging, vulnerability management, and concepts; depth of understanding with security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI) with knowledge of IT operating models and processes and experience hardening infrastructures & systems and developing highly available & scalable systems is a plus
- Capability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems; understand engagement objectives which includes a clear understanding of the client’s business problem and how the engagement helps address the client’s business problem
- Ability to travel up to eighty percent
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
- Address New York, NY