Manager of Data Engineering and Data Science
About the job
Well funded Pre IPO e-commerce firm is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of 4 Data Engineers / Data Scientists. This is a great opportunity to help grow their Strategy and Insights team.
Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Lead a team of 4 while being hands on building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Responsible for data warehousing and full ELT/ETL infrastructure, as well as all of the data residing in it from the point it is recorded until it reaches its audience.
- Lead efforts in bringing in new data from various partners.
- Develop processes for automating data science models.
- Help ensure that all end-users have access to the data they need to make the most effective decisions and that the data is consistently fresh.
What you need:
- Experience hiring, managing, and growing engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience productionalizing machine learning systems at scale in Python or similar languages.
- Ability to build and maintain multiple data pipelines and have a deep understanding of BigQuery and Snowflake.
- Proficient with dbt and document-store databases (e.g., Mongo, Dynamo, etc).
- Strong prior experience as a hands-on data engineer.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York City Metropolitan Area