ML Detection Engineer at Apple in Austin
This position can be located in Seattle (WA) or Austin (TX)
Apple Information Security is seeking a Detection Engineer with experience using Machine Learning or Statistics to help us keep Apple safe! Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there is not telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security with focus on incident response, threat hunting, and crafting detection signatures.
- 1+ year of experience using statistics or machine learning techniques in the Information Security Domain
- Deep understanding of Incident Response, Cyber Kill Chain, Threat Modeling, and attack vectors. Familiarity with current threat detection tools and technologies.
- Experience with analysis of network traffic and usage of Deep Packet Inspection tools.
- Experience writing and tuning of IDS/IPS signatures.
- In-depth technical knowledge of macOS and Linux Operating Systems.
- Deep understanding of malware functionality and persistence mechanisms.
- Ability to analyze endpoint, network, and application logs for anomalous events.
- Practical experience working with and conducting experiments on very large datasets then turning prototypes into production detections/models
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala, or Python preferred
- Experience in practical software engineering best practices is a plus
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background and information security experience with a focus on detection using statistical or machine learning techniques. Additional responsibilities include: Provide feedback and enforce use case development lifecycle. Collaborate with teams to incorporate requirements, leveraging log sources such as network, endpoint and application data to craft signatures/rules. Identify gaps in log data and recommend solutions to address said gaps. Perform security monitoring and incident response duties as needed.
Education & ExperiencePhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
Post ID: 44
Discover More AI Jobs: