The Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (AI / Client) Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science solutions for our client, reporting to an AI Engineering Lead under the Office of the Chief Data Officer. We’re looking for engineers with a passion for Artificial Intelligence to help drive a new generation of data and machine learning-enabled services and products to impact healthcare.
You will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of data scientists and engineers specializing in deep learning, active learning, and classical machine learning on one of the richest data sets in US healthcare. You’ll be equipped with nearly limitless cloud compute resources and be expected to deliver business impact through the implementation of a large pipeline of AI models.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Python, have experience working with large data sets, and have experience in building and deploying data-driven solutions. You are focused on results, a self-starter, able to put the team-first, and have demonstrated success in using data science to develop and deploy solutions with a focus on impact.
- Provide technical leadership and implementation for Software Engineering projects supporting our AI and machine learning goals
- Modifies, implements, tests, and supports all product-related technology and functionality, including software infrastructure in an AWS hosted environment
- Demonstrates a strong drive to learn and advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.)
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other product stakeholders in a highly Agile environment
- Self-starter that will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight according to timelines and budgets agreed upon with business and technology stakeholders
- You have 2+ years’ experience working on applications of machine learning with strong to expert ability in Python as a primary language
- Experience building automated processes that are supportable, monitored, and enterprise-scale
- Experience working with and integrating services from popular Client packages such as Keras, TensorFlow, XGBoost, SciKit Learn
- Above-average capabilities with cloud computing techniques or tools such as S3, EC2, EMR, SageMaker, ECS, Lambda, IAM
- SQL design and development skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Spark or Pyspark experience preferred
- Experience building/consuming REST web services
- Demonstrated initiative with learning new technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Address Emeryville, CA