MTS1 Software Engineer
About the job
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
You are a motivated software engineer who is passionate about architecting, building at scale on the Cloud and defining how thousands of engineers can be productive. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining automation tools and components that build, package and deploy code to production and fuel the awesome products that make PayPal a leading financial technology company in the world. You thrive at simplifying hard problems and can articulate the solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You know there are tradeoffs between short-term productivity and long-term vision for the team, while being pragmatic about it. You are an expert in IaaS, SaaS and PaaS services, DevOps tools and Cloud Infrastructure (Serverless, DNS, Networking, Cloud security, etc..) and closely follow enhancements in GCP or AWS. You will build awesome automation, continuous integration and build solutions that are highly reliable, resilient, and extendable.
- Provides hands-on technical design and implementation to automate application build and deployment solutions
- Design and define architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
- Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of effort, code, and process
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to other DevOps engineers
- Collaborate with development teams to help architect, configure, monitor, and support their services.
- Strong experience using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiar with Micro-service architectures. Decoupled systems and how to build them.
- Automate all things by default, believe and practiced CI/CD best practices
- Solid understanding of cloud computing design and security principles.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid experience with programming and scripting, with a preference for Java, Python, Go and Bash.
- Experience with containerization (Docker. etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) in deployment and operations
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools like Stackdriver, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, managers and site reliability engineers.
- Bachelors in Engineering with 6 years of relevant experience or MS with 4 years of relevant experience (e.g. example former roles may be sr. software developer, or systems architect, or a combination of the above)
- In-depth understanding of the principles of DevOps and CI/CD
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience)
- Demonstrated passion for infrastructure as code, continuous improvement, and a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross functional team
- 3 years’ experience in operations management tools. Alerting & Monitoring, Provisioning & Deployment, Configuration Management and Source Control, etc.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0065317
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Austin, TX