Natural Language Processing Engineer, Lead
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve the state of the art in neural networks, primarily in natural language processing. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies. Use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our customers make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) research, including Transformers and LSTM networks
- Experience with building systems based on machine learning or deep learning methods
- Experience with NLP models, including BERT, OpenAI GPT-2, or Transformers
- Experience with a wide variety of machine learning tools, including Elasticsearch, Keras, TensorFlow, or Caffe
- Experience with creating and writing peer-reviewed publications in topics of advanced data science, machine learning, deep learning (DL), or natural language processing (NLP)
- Experience with developing and training neural network models
- Experience with experimental design, research methodologies, and qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have
- Experience with machine learning as demonstrated by fellowships, patents, or first-authored publications at workshops or conferences, including CVPR, KDD, ICML, NeurIPS, or similar
- Experience with emerging AI research fields, including explainability, few-shot learning, and adversarial machine learning
- Experience with peer-reviewing publications in natural language processing or machine learning research
- Experience as a primary or secondary author for publications or a substantial contributor to data science or advanced analytics research
- Ability to write code and test and prototype machine learning models quickly
- PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, EE, or CS
Clearance Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
- Address Arlington, VA