NLP Modeling Engineer
Who is Interactions?
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Citi, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of one of our Technology teams, you will contribute to building solutions that use natural language processing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence applications or the frameworks and infrastructure that support them.
As NLP Engineer you will be an integral member of the Interactions team developinga new product, the Interactions Spoken Conversation Understanding platform – an advanced AI system that “listens” to human-human conversations and reacts to them in real time. You will be responsible for adapting the underlying Machine Learning models to new customers, new applications, and new functionality. Working closely with the other engineers and scientists on the team, this will include assembling the right data, building NLU and ASR language models, evaluating their performance, and deploying them in live services. You will collaborate with the team on evaluating new technology for introduction into the platform.
Your proficiencies include:
- Fluent in Python and shell scripting in UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience with deep learning tools and libraries in python, such as Keras and scikit-learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive, independent problem solving.
- Ability to demonstrate Interactions Values of:
- Being passionate about customer service
- Obsessing with our customer’s success
- Respecting each other
- Creating opportunity
- Embracing disruption
- Doing what we say we will do
- Proficiency in Spanish
In this role, your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Apply knowledge of data engineering, machine learning, statistics and software development to train ASR language models and a range of NLP and NLU models, including incremental versions of named entity recognition, text normalization, dialog state identification, and others.
- Maintain understanding of machine learning technology used in Interactions’ Spoken Conversation Understanding in order to train models of high quality.
- Collaborate with the extended team on prototyping, evaluating, and productizing technology and software improvements.
- Organize and manage a data library, to support rapid, high quality model generation.
- Identify and collect diverse data to improve performance and to facilitate rapid adaptation of models to new contexts.
- Proactively explore innovations in process, software and technology to improve product performance.
- Support customer deployments, including performance evaluations, root cause analysis, and tuning.
Your Qualifications Are
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with specialization in natural language processing or machine learning.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, including training models for natural language processing, speech recognition or related language understanding technologies.
Why Work at Interactions?
We’ve created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team’s health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address United States