Principal Machine Learning Engineer 
About the job
One of our clients is looking to hire a “Principal Machine Learning Engineer” in Dallas, Texas. Please find the job details below-
Our client is a talent acquisition, talent management, and attraction platform – with data-driven search-and-match functionality enables organizations to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. And while they focus on providing amazing results and service for their customers, within their exciting company you’ll also find a high-performance environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
About the Position:
This Principal Machine Learning Engineer position is a high-impact role. We are looking for an experienced machine learning practitioner with high-standards to help scale and expand high-value business initiatives.
You will be joining a top-tier team that understands the real-world business opportunity that machine learning enables and how it can transform businesses. They iterate with A/B testing to fail fast and learn quickly. The result is real, measurable revenue and profit impact.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology with a clear, solid background in computer science. If you have a proven ability to learn, explore, and quickly turn the latest technologies into value, then you are the perfect candidate.
Their team of experienced engineers has deep industry experience in search/information retrieval. The team is highly collaborative while also being self-sufficient enough to turn any idea into a business win.
As a high impact teammate, you will help with everything from data ETLs to modeling to model serving to test reporting. This unique opportunity will expose you to deep insights into the technology and the business. On a day-to-day basis, expect roughly 20% of your time to be on the serving/inference layer, 20% data science modeling, and the rest will be around data cleansing, ETL, and analytics.
The team is working to improve many facets of the job recommendation process. This involves gathering data from billions of monthly job queries to create, test, and iterate on machine learning models. When successful, we help job seekers find their perfect job faster and employers receive a higher quality of candidate.
- Big Data processing – Apache Spark is the key to our data pipelines that create our insights.
- Understanding SQL is a must in this environment. For maximum performance, we utilize Scala.
- Search technologies – Lucene/Solr inverse index powers billions of our queries every month.
- High-performance web services – our microservices scale with JAVA technologies while providing sub-millisecond response times.
- Machine learning – our latest wins have come from ML technologies like gradient boosted trees (XGBoost, MML Spark) and deep learning (TensorFlow, Keras).
- Python is the preferred language here.
- Most importantly, the highly qualified candidate has the initiative and ability to quickly learn and apply the above.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science from a top university.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of computer programming work experience with proven, high-value results.
- Two (2) years of data science, machine learning, or data engineering work experience.
- Highly competitive salary
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays & Unlimited PTO
- Awesome company events
- Address Dallas, TX