Project Manager – Machine Learning
About the job
As a member of our Project Execution team, you’ll draw on your strengths managing people and processes to manage technology projects that typically span multiple lines of business and have firm-wide implications. You’ll lead these projects from initiation through implementation, including: establishing project requirements, priorities and deadlines; ensuring that relevant risk and architecture requirements are in place; and managing the project budget and resources. In addition to collaborating with your teammates, you’ll communicate with stakeholders across the firm to work toward the best possible outcomes. While this role is rooted in project management, it’s a terrific opportunity to develop your leadership skills and make lasting connections throughout JPMorgan Chase & Co.
As a member of the Machine Learning development team within Corporate Technology, you will be responsible for delivering AI/ML and analytic solutions for CT Tech and Business teams to enable accelerated delivery of data driven decision making functions. The ML team aims to add value through rapid delivery of innovative AI/ML systems that solve important business problems, while furthering strategic technology objectives, through the utilization of appropriate cost, budgetary, and project planning methodologies. The ML Project Manager is a leader and problem solver in an extraordinarily dynamic environment with a skillset in management and coordination across multiple cross functional teams in order to deliver technical solutions which support strategic initiatives of high visibility and importance to the firm.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in one or more business disciplines or functions
- Experience project managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of global and line of business project management standards and methods
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- 5+ years of experience in more than one of the following areas:
- Program / Project Management
- Controls, Risk
- Audit, Legal / Compliance
- Strong understanding of LEAN and Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
- Experienced senior technology program manager with proven contributions to the development and execution of strategic technology and process change initiatives in the context of broad corporate, business and finance goals.
- Direct experience with managing large, complex technology programs and expertise in Machine Learning or related areas preferred.
- Strong track record of driving and delivering results
- Demonstrated experience in program / project management including identifying, remediating and escalating issues or risks, as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form, depending on the audience (including executive presentations)
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm’s vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Houston, TX