Senior Computer Vision Engineer at DoorDash in San Francisco
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring vision and ML experts who have built and shipped working systems. In this role, you’ll write and deploy algorithms that process sensory inputs efficiently to interpret the vehicle’s environment.
What You’ll Achieve
- Drive high level algorithm decisions to ensure fast and accurate machine learning in a multitude of different applications
- Implement machine learning techniques for object classification, labelling, pose estimation, and prediction
- Use real-time state estimation and context from surroundings to predict the motion of surrounding vehicles and pedestrians for use with vehicle path planning
- Work on data association, clustering, segmentation, filtering, and estimation
- Build robust, reliable systems to handle common and uncommon situations on the road
- 2+ years Research and Industry experience in machine learning and computer vision
- 2+ years autonomous vehicle experience
- Strong multithreaded programming skills (C++, Python)
- Extensive experience with sensor data processing, environment modeling, large-scale point-cloud processing
- Experience with classification, LIDAR, deep learning, or geospatial databases
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills, especially with probability
- Understanding of sensor error modeling
Nice To Haves
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
- Experience with NVIDIA AI platforms
- Experience with ROS
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash…
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Post ID: 106
Discover More AI Jobs: