Senior Computer Vision Engineer
About the job
At Exyn Technologies, we are excited about the future of aerial robotics and autonomy. Creating that future requires great minds, and we are looking for dedicated and passionate people to be a part of our growing, talented team.
We are hiring a senior engineer specializing in computer vision for state estimation to join our research and development team. This role will focus on the development, evaluation and integration of state-of-the-art methods for visual-inertial odometry (VIO), vision-based SLAM (V-SLAM) and vision-based collision avoidance into Exyn’s world leading autonomy engine, ExynAI.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Defining the hardware and software requirements for integrating a real-time visual inertial odometry pipeline for enabling aggressive flight into Exyn’s autonomy stack.
- Evaluating and benchmarking existing state-of-the-art approaches for VIO and V-SLAM against real-world data sets and making recommendations based upon results.
- Implementing and overseeing the testing of state-of-the-art vision-based algorithms for collision avoidance and navigation.
- Working closely with a talented team of roboticists, software engineers, and field engineers to make product ready, vision-based systems.
- Staying current in the literature and being the in-house expert in vision-based state estimation, V-SLAM and vision-based autonomous systems.
We are looking For:
- M.S. or (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
- 3+ years experience developing vision-based systems for UGVs or UAVs.
- Expertise in real-time computer vision techniques and standard libraries (E.g., OpenCV).
- Experience adapting vision-based solutions for resource constrained systems. (Bonus Points: Adapting such algorithms for GPUs!)
- Expertise in standard approaches for online SLAM, motion planning, control and perception for autonomous vehicle systems.
- Working knowledge of standard software engineering and object-oriented design principles.
- Comfortable working with modern C++ and toolchains in a Linux-based development environment.
We would also like to hear if you have:
- Experience with multi-camera systems and their online calibration.
- Experience fusing 3D LIDAR and visual spectrum cameras for robust state estimation.
- Prior experience with robots or drones!
Why Exyn? Our Culture Promotes:
- Empathy. We listen and assume positive intent
- Inclusion. We pursue new ideas and fresh perspectives
- Integrity. We operate with honesty and respect
- Learning. We create opportunities for growth, personally and professionally
- Intellectual Curiosity. We reward inquiry, experimentation, and the pursuit of greater knowledge
- Transparency. We encourage open and honest communication.
- Collaboration. We work together to meet the needs of our customers, company, and peers
- Excellence. We deliver outstanding products and services to our customers.
- Friends & Family. We thrive when we feel connected
- Grit. We prepare to weather the dips and the dives in the path to success
Exyn Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Philadelphia, PA