Senior Data Scientist
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy®is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 7 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a strong, highly-motivated, results-oriented Senior Data Scientist to help conduct in-depth analyses and derive relevant insights. You will be an integral part of a newly-formed central analytics team and your work will influence business operations and strategy throughout the company.
In this senior role, you will be the go-to person for advanced analytics and data science projects as well as mentoring and assisting junior analysts on our centralized data and analytics team as need be.
- Partner closely with stakeholders from a variety of teams, including the executive team, curriculum, brand marketing, partnerships, strategy and customer success, to surface insights and learnings that solve key business challenges
- Develop statistical analyses and build and deploy machine learning models to understand and predict customer behavior and product performance
- Create, report and interpret key metrics to assess performance, measure the impact of strategic initiatives, and identify ways to grow revenue and reduce costs
- Drive A/B and multivariate testing strategy and implementation of user behavior to inform media tactics, audience acquisition and targeting, churn, lifetime value, product and content recommendations and personalized experiences
- Create beautiful visualizations
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical stakeholders and mentor/lead more junior analysts as needed
- Drive data capture and data integrity requirements while partnering with other teams so that the right data is captured
- Maintain vigilant eye on data quality
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data-driven decisions across org
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in professional data-intensive role excluding any independent data-related projects or internships that may or may not have been part of an undergraduate program
- OR Master’s and/or Ph.D. in a quantitative field and 3+ years of experience in professional data-intensive role excluding any independent data-related projects or internships that may or may not have been part of an graduate program
- Advanced knowledge of analytical, statistical and machine learning methods
- Proficiency in SQL and complex SQL querying
- Experience modeling in R and/or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Must be intellectually curious, self-motivated, collaborative, and a team player
- Experience productionalizing models a plus
- Experience with testing and optimization a plus, ideally in a digital environment
- Experience in games or education a plus
We Provide Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Glendale, CA