Senior Data Scientist
Who are we and why join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling – anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 10,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together – both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our people’s well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst / Data Scientist to help us scale and increase our impact. You will use data to drive insight into the product and business with a focus on new user growth, retention and quality. The ideal candidate would have experience analyzing large and complex data sets related to web products. You’ll be doing plenty of experiment design and post-hoc analysis, both to support product improvements and business decisions, as well as setting up infrastructure and frameworks for more efficient analysis. You’ll be a leader on the team and coming with experience creating real business impact via data.
What will you do?
- Work with the product team and development team to design effective A/B tests.
- Use data to optimize our 7 figure monthly advertising budgets.
- Monitor and analyze several A/B tests with statistical rigor, present the data and insights to the team and drive product decisions.
- Have opportunity to use our terabytes of data to help us optimize and drive business impact.
- Be a part of setting up infrastructure to help other analysts be more efficient
- Slice and dice an enormous amount of data to gain insight on how to improve our products.
- Look at complex problems and come up with testable models and algorithms to optimize the platform.
- Develop theories that can be explored with analysis to help us improve.
- Set up BI tools and regular reporting services and interfaces.
- Live and breathe SQL.
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference on people’s lives.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about “runway”, “cash left”, or “how much time we have until the next round”. We have the startup DNA but we’re fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your “job”. You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- BSc/MA in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Math, Economics, or Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in a quantitative data analysis role involving user behavior (e.g. marketing, product)
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, especially as it relates to hypothesis testing
- Expert in using tools like R and Python for data analysis
- Experience analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience analyzing large and complex data sets to drive business insights and decisions
- Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics, knowledge of statistics
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
Bonus (great To Have But Not Required)
- Experience building predictive models
- Experience with web based products
- Experience in or supporting a growth team
- Coding experience
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado toast!), and locally roasted coffee
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs available
- Building something that matters – loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day
Please note: BetterHelp does not currently sponsor Visas.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Mountain View, CA