Senior Java Software Engineer
As the Sr. Java Developer, you will be supporting agile development/operations team by implementing and improving various technology strategies that are already in place at the client. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring highly complex and mission-critical applications and ensuring our container orchestration infrastructure is highly available as it migrates to a cloud environment. You will also be responsible for designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight.
- Collaborate closely with Technical Leads and senior developers.
- Participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for on-premise applications in unclassified and TS environments.
- Provide support for Agile Development and O&M teams in the following areas (Java Applications, Container Infrastructure, CI/CD and DevOps pipelines, troubleshooting, application performance tuning & analysis, Static Code Analysis, etc.)
- Learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other agile practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- An active Top Secret clearance is required
- A minimum of five years of experience in the creation of mid-to-enterprise level software systems
- A minimum of five years of experience in designing, documenting and developing web-based and stand-alone software applications
- Experience in design and implementation of SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience with object-oriented languages and concepts to include a minimum of three years of development work using Java and Oracle in an On-Premises. IaaS, and/or PaaS cloud-based environment
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as MS DEVOPS and/or Jenkins
- Experience with automated configuration processes and tools such as PowerShell DSC
- Experience with supporting a DevSecOps environment (code repository, binary repository, continuous integration/delivery, error tracking)
- Experience with producing and grooming Agile product backlogs and interacting with Product Owners
- Experience evaluating and implementing cloud-based solutions
- Address Arlington, Virginia