Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
This is an opportunity to join a high-performance software development team, in a senior technical role. Working for a global tech industry leader.
Oracle Advertising (formerly Oracle Data Cloud) is one of the leading suppliers of advertising technology and data. You will be building the first of a new suite of products which bridge the worlds of contextual and audience based advertising. Primarily based out of our Colorado campus, you will also work closely with our teams in Cambridge, England. Working on solutions employing machine learning, data science, natural language processing, information retrieval, as well as cloud hosted and highly available services at scale.
As an ML engineer you will work as part of a small autonomous team, taking full ownership of solving problems from start to finish. Your goal will be to provide our customers with innovative and novel solutions. You will get to work with the latest ML toolsets and techniques to create services that lead the advance of technology in our industry.
- Responsible for building solutions to our customers’ problems.
- Domain expert at building deep learning based solutions, particularly for NLP applications.
- Pair with other team members to produce high quality software.
- Review the work of others and offer constructive feedback.
- Support and mentor more junior team members.
- Perform an active role in team planning, review and retrospective events.
- Work with colleagues to define systems architecture and approach.
- Contribute towards the technical roadmap.
- Professional at developing Deep Learning applications.
- Experience with all stages of the lifecycle for production Deep Learning services.
- Skilled with Python, Go or other high-level languages.
- Extensive experience using Apache Spark.
- Confident using Linux and scripting.
- Desire to produce clean, legible code.
- Passion for quality, in your own and your colleagues’ work.
- Driven to learn new things.
- Interest in large scale, highly available systems.
- Motivated to deliver real solutions to customers.
- Sound understanding of agile software development practice.
Life At Oracle
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them! We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Colorado Pay Range: from $66,000 to $167,000 per annum; eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business. Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity .
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Adoption assistance
- Financial planning and group legal
- Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
- Address Denver, CO