Senior Machine Learning Engineer – Discovery
About the job
Roblox’s mission is to bring people together via play. The company is building the next generation platform for entertainment, allowing people to create, play, and share the experiences in an immersive, user-generated metaverse.
Today, tens of million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, and the number is increasing everyday. The discovery team will play a critical role in delivering the contents to the users efficiently and effectively. The team is building products and services to improve the personalized experiences for millions of users.
Some of the products/services that we are working on are:
- Homepage – The home feed that provides a holistic view of the relevant contents with various types (e.g. games, avatar, users) to the users.
- Omni Search – The surface that enables users to search contents regardless of the content types.
- Typeahead/Autocomplete – A language prediction product that used to provide suggestions to the users about a search query.
- Gamepage recommendation – The game landing page that includes the personalized presentation of games, as well as the related games of the target game.
- Trending – A product that provides users about the ongoing trend of the popular contents.
- Content understanding – The knowledge base that provides fuels for all the above products.
- Battle ready: BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics.
- Experienced: 3+ experience with one or more of the following areas: recommendation, feed, search, typeahead, content understanding, or similar ML-relevant products.
- Knowledgeable: Experience on end-to-end ML systems and/or modeling skills.
- Charismatic: You enjoy working with and leading engineers, love to earn their respect and can help them to accomplish the impossible.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to drive clarity and impact.
- Work closely with the product engineers and infra engineers on developing the discovery products and systems to drive engagement for millions of users.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams on defining the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies.
- Mentor the junior engineers.
- Ensue that our systems are scalable, reliable, and extensible.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Address San Mateo, CA