Senior Machine Learning Engineer (PySpark) – Remote
About the job
TrueCar envisions a world where car shopping is an uplifting experience. Our shopping experience helps buyers consider choices from every angle, builds confidence in their decisions, and enables every step of the process with tools and information that make car buying easy. Ultimately, TrueCar is helping people in the second largest purchase they will make in their lives. We’re removing the complexity out of buying a car, using technology and personalization, to create a one-of-a-kind experience that transforms car buying and ultimately people’s lives.
Come join the team and help us accomplish our mission. TrueCar maintains a Dynamic Workplace, allowing employees to have their primary workstations at home, with office space in Santa Monica, CA and Austin, TX to be made available to individuals and teams to use as needed. Employees enjoy excellent benefits (health/vision/dental coverage, 401k with contribution matching, equity, etc.) as well as perks like monthly credits for at-home food delivery, internet/mobile phone service coverage, fitness expenses, and Caregiver support.
TrueCar is seeking to add Machine Learning Engineers to our Data team. This position requires a Machine Learning Engineer who can bring bleeding edge machine learning models into production together with a team of product analysts, data engineers, product managers and business domain experts.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Data Engineering, Product and Design in a cross-functional agile team to deliver products that solve consumer problems in the automotive marketplace.
- Write production ready high quality, maintainable and scalable code. Provide support on production issues as they arise.
- Work on prediction algorithms, sorting algorithms, large-scale machine learning and recommendations and personalization.
- Build simple yet functional models, deploy them early, and learn/iterate in order to continuously improve our products
- Design and analyze metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
- Keep up with the latest ML developments and evaluate how they can be applied to our products and business needs.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience in Machine Learning and AI at Big Data scale
- Proficiency in Machine learning techniques like classification, regression, anomaly detection and clustering.
- Strong programming skills with data analysis languages such as Python (PySpark) or Scala.
- Hadoop/Spark and AWS experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adapt messaging for varying audiences in the team, choose appropriate media and provide context
- Ability to successfully collaborate with engineers within the team and help them learn and grow.
- BA/BS in related field
Nice to have:
- Strong background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience in A/B testing of models and continuous deployment to production.
TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace that enables car buyers to connect to our nationwide network of Certified Dealers. We are building the industry’s most personalized and efficient car buying experience as we seek to bring more of the purchasing process online. Consumers who visit our marketplace will find a suite of vehicle discovery tools, price ratings and market context on new and used cars — all with a clear view of what’s a great deal. When they are ready, TrueCar will enable them to connect with a local Certified Dealer who shares in our belief that truth, transparency and fairness are the foundation of a great car buying experience. As part of our marketplace, TrueCar powers car-buying programs for over 250 leading brands, including AARP, Sam’s Club, and American Express. Nearly half of all new-car buyers engage with TrueCar powered sites, where they buy smarter and drive happier.
TrueCar is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with offices in Austin, Texas
Location(s):Santa Monica, CA
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Atlanta, GA