Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Zillow Offers is an initiative at the core of Zillow’s evolution, focused on defining the future of real estate. We aim to make it simple to buy and sell homes, by giving consumers certainty and control to spare them the tremendous stress of the traditional process.
We are a collaborative, passionate team of applied scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers & product managers building the Machine Learning Applications that serve as the backbone of the Zillow Offers product.
About The Role
This Senior ML Engineer role will join the Valuation Measurement team as the inaugural lead engineer. This team helps the Zillow Offers business better understand the accuracy and bias of our numerous home valuation processes through managed experimentation. With these data-driven insights, we build and deploy intelligent valuation case routing systems that help us decide when to leverage automated valuation models and when to lean on human expertise.
We are seeking a passionate, self-starter who is equally proficient at writing clean code and deploying ML models with the latest infrastructure. Ideally, you are interested in growing your ML leadership as our engineering lead, and enjoy being in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. This role will collaborate with a team that includes applied scientists, data scientists, and a product manager. You will start remotely due to COVID-19.
Our team is excited for this key hire to join our mission! We have committed significant time, systems and processes to onboard you in an inclusive and empowering way. If this message resonates with you, please apply.
Who you are
- Real-world experience building and deploying machine learning and data systems (ideally, 3-5 years of software development engineering experience involving machine learning)
- 1+ years of hands-on machine learning experience using ML infrastructure to serve models and ship.
- We largely use Python, but fluency in Scala, Java, and/or C++ is also acceptable
- Familiarity with Python scientific stack (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scikit-learn)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Passion for machine learning engineering & Zillow Offers
- Self-starter who takes initiative, receives feedback well and has a positive attitude
- Experience supporting and collaborating with scientists
- Experience working with product managers, real estate partners and/or platform teams (infrastructure, data engineering, etc.)
- Experience working at a large technology company with various stakeholders and decision makers
- Experience building data pipelines with distributed processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark)
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Seattle, WA