Senior Machine Learning Engineer
About the job
Come to work for Realtor.com! A leader in online real estate and backed by industry experience and the News-Corp Brand, Realtor.com’s vision is to be the leading destination to discover and create your perfect home, and today millions of unique users visit our company’s website and mobile apps monthly. What you can do at Realtor.com has the potential to touch people in a real and meaningful way.
At realtor.com, we process terabytes of data everyday and transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of home buyers, sellers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. You’ll engage with some of the best and the brightest co-workers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the business, then make the move!
We seek a highly seasoned ML practitioner to join our Data Science – Machine Learning team and help take it to the next level. We use advanced ML to build recommender systems and matching models, search relevance & ranking systems, user personalizations and consumer segmentation models. We also leverage the latest advancements in deep learning on images and NLP to build rich, next-gen experiences for our users. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the development and deployment of innovative concepts, research, predictive modeling, and machine learning algorithms. You will also serve as a mentor for the junior members on the team and provide guidance on their projects.
- Research, build and deploy machine learning and deep learning algorithms.
- Design and build solutions leveraging the wealth of consumer clickstream data, real estate property data, images and text data of realtor.com.
- Create scalable machine learning models – classification & regression (GBMs, RF, LR, etc.), forecasting, clustering, neural networks (CNNs, LSTMs, Transformers, etc.) that integrate into batch, streaming and real-time systems.
- Build end-points to serve ML models in production.
- ML Ops (monitor inference performance, scalability, availability, etc).
- Effectively partner with product and engineering teams to ideate and build new data-driven and machine learning based features for enriching the experience of home shoppers.
- Drive A/B & multivariate tests and design of experiments to facilitate testing of new product and design features, with focus on improving engagement, retention, and conversion.
- Help improve the scope of our data sets by identifying new data collection and procurement opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Generate descriptive visualizations and presentations to communicate insights and results.
- Mentor the team on data exploration, machine learning, deep learning and developing data-oriented products.
- Work with a sense of ownership and urgency, advocate for experimentation-based, agile culture.
- MS/PhD in machine learning, computer science, applied mathematics or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the industry building and productionizing ML models.
- Proficient in Python, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, PyTorch/TensorFlow, and other languages and frameworks appropriate for ML modeling and deployment.
- Proficiency in Recommender Systems or Consumer Classification modeling is a plus!
- Proficiency in Deep Learning (NLP and/or Computer Vision) is a plus!
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) and large scale distributed systems.
- Comfortable with experiment design and A/B and multivariate tests.
- Exposure to Docker and Containerization.
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as: structured and unstructured data, data management and querying, common data structures and algorithms.
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
- Address Austin, TX