Senior Machine Learning Scientist
About the job
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are seeking an exceptional, independent, data-driven individual to join our data science group. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including machine learning scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business. You will apply your modeling skills to a wide variety of problems such as Recommender systems, Ranking algorithms, Search Engine Marketing, Computer vision, and NLP. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real-time as you help the company grow.
What You Will Do
- Develop advanced machine learning models to solve a variety of complex business problems (Personalization, Ranking algorithms, Recommendations, Search Engine Marketing, Computer vision, NLP).
- Prototype algorithms, evaluate, deploy, and test new models in production.
- Demonstrate leadership in design and implementation of new machine learning solutions for complex business problems.
- Take a pro-active approach, guide the business and advocate for best practices of machine learning to maximize business impact.
- Automate ETL processes.
- Communicate the results to business stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to refine business problem formulation and troubleshoot implementation
Independence And Job Complexity
- Works on problems of diverse scope.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)
- Fluency with SQL, exploratory data analysis, and visualization.
- 5 yrs plus years of industry experience.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Needham, MA