Senior, Software Engineer, Computer Vision Framework
About the job
As a software engineer in the computer vision architecture team, you’ll be responsible for delivering a high-performance production software framework to enable state-of-the-art computer vision systems. In addition, you’ll support the practicalities of software development, build, repos, etc. Your code will be part of the foundations of our 3D platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come.
- Develop a framework for state-of-the-art performance critical perception systems
- Own and drive highly visible performance metrics (e.g. latency, memory, bandwidth, power)
- Collaboratively work as part of a fast paced team, analyze and optimize a growing C++ and assembly codebase
- Help define performance standards for algorithms, develop and drive best practices (performance, maintainability, correctness, etc), provide guidance at all stages of the software development cycle and share knowledge
- Help drive the integration and development of necessary tooling and automation (profiling, testing/verification, monitoring, etc) that allows the team to move even faster
- Help drive computing platforms for next generation products
- 5+ years of professional experience with modern C++
- In depth understanding of computer architecture, computing bottlenecks, memory hierarchy, data coherency, caches, high performance architectures (VLIW, superscalar, etc), SIMD, concurrent systems, parallelization, compilers, system simulators
- Experience with low latency / high bandwidth real-time data pipelines, batch data processing pipelines, low power embedded systems, integration of specialized hardware acceleration blocks
- Strong CS fundamentals, problem-solving, high quality coding, code optimization, memory optimization, performance analysis, understanding of abstraction and modularity, critical path optimization and tuning
- Strong sense of curiosity, fast learner
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Computer vision
- Real-time operating systems, linux, job scheduling
- Numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- Sensors (camera, time-of-flight), image processing
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Address Plantation, FL Remote