Senior Software Engineer
About the job
Netflix has been changing the way people watch shows and movies, and we’ve built a global CDN and backbone, Open Connect, that sets the standard for video delivery. As we build our award-winning slate of original content, we’re also taking on the challenge of revolutionizing television and film production.
To scale the CDN, corporate, and studio network infrastructure and studio server infrastructure, we’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build extensible, maintainable products for use by various internal teams.
You will be designing systems to manage heterogeneous networks and systems in a vendor agnostic manner, advancing the state of the art in this space. You will aid Netflix in making intelligent business decisions by building systems to collect vast amounts of state and metrics data. As part of a small team, you will see the impact of your work not only at Netflix, but also on the internet.
Please note that nowhere in this job description does it state you have to know anything about network or server infrastructure. We need another great software developer to join our team. You’ll be supported by internet and systems experts.
While this role has been posted for remote work, this position is available at most Netflix offices.
We need you to
- Understand and deeply focus on the real-world benefit your systems and products will have on our customers and users
- Have a product mindset, demonstrating empathy with our users and a keenness to engage with them when designing new products (note that we are not looking for a product or project manager)
- Be driven by, and have a bias toward, autonomy: you’ll be given a lot of context on the problems we’re trying to solve, but you’ll need to figure out how to solve them on your own
- Be invested in the long-term view: while we need to deliver value this month and this quarter, we need to avoid technical debt and other forms of unnecessary complications that will serve us poorly in the future
- Have a demonstrated track record in building large-scale, highly resilient, web services
- Demonstrate expertise with an object oriented programming language (we happen to be a Go and Python shop)
- Be comfortable with cloud environments or very large scale data center environments
- Have great verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusiveness at Netflix. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy or maternity, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address United States