About the job
Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Virtual OR NJ
S&P Global Marketplace technology team consists of geographically diversified software engineers responsible to develop scalable solutions by working directly with product development team.
Our team culture is oriented towards equality in the realm of software engineering irrespective of hierarchy promoting innovation. One should feel empowered to iterate over ideas and experimentation without having fear of failure.
You will enable S&P business to showcase our proprietary S&P Global data, combine it with “curated” alternative data, further enrich it with value-add services from Kensho and others, and deliver it via the clients’ channel of choice to help them make better investment and business decisions, with confidence.
What You Can Expect
An unmatched experience in handling huge volumes of data, analytics, visualization, and services over cloud technologies along with appreciation in product development life cycle to convert an idea into revenue generating stream.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,800 – 106,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate software engineer to develop technology solutions for S&P global marketplace product. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using cutting edge technologies consisting of web applications, data pipelines, big data, machine learning and multi-cloud. The development is already underway so the candidate would be expected to get up to speed very quickly & start contributing.
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
What We Are Looking For
- A minimum of 2 years of significant experience in application development.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Garbage collection friendly programming experience – tuning java garbage collection & performance is a must.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Strong understanding on Unstructured Text Data and in NLP such as Text preprocessing, Topic modelling, word embedding, tagging, parsing etc.
- Experience with open-source toolkits such as NLTK, SpaCy, Scikit-Learn etc. and knowledge in techniques like BERT, Transformers etc.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Mentor teams, innovate and experiment, give face to business ideas and present to key stakeholders
Required Technical Skills
- Build data pipelines
- Utilize platforms like snowflake, talend, databricks etc.
- Utilize cloud managed services like AWS Step functions, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB
- Develop custom solutions using Apache nifi, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Hive, and/or Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Develop federated data services to provide scalable and performant data APIs, REST, GraphQL, OData
- Write infrastructure as code to develop sandbox environments
- Provide analytical capabilities using BI tools like tableau, power BI etc.
- Feed data at scale to clients that are geographically distributed
- Strong coding skills in Python or any other programming languages is required.
Desirable Technical Skills
Java, React, HTML/CSS, API development, micro-services pattern, cloud technologies and managed services preferably AWS, Big Data and Analytics, Relational databases preferably Postgresql, NoSql databases, nifi, Airflow, Spark, Hive, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Netty, Akka, Esper, Redis, Google protobuf, Google Guice, Google Guava, Spring Cloud.
Related coursework, projects, research participation and/or publications in Natural Language processing, text mining, semantics etc. is preferred but not required.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 260469
Posted On: 2021-04-27
Location: Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York, NY