Software Development Engineer
About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
The Infotainment Embedded Software Developer – Middleware is responsible for creating software services for Ford’s Sync infotainment system. This includes code to support features for navigation, media, entertainment, phone, voice, and vehicle interfaces.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Develop C/C++ middleware for Ford’s SYNC infotainment system
- Design, document, integrate, and test APIs / SDKs that provide services for: media, phone, navigation, speech–recognition, mobile device connectivity, and CAN network communication
- Lead integration, build, and release of firmware images for Ford SYNC platform
- Lead root cause analysis of software defects. Lead optimization of boot-up performance and system responsiveness
- Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best-in-class infotainment system
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related scientific field
- 3+ years of C/C++ software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years of Android Services and HAL for embedded systems experience.
Our Preferred Requirements
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- Proficiency of C/C++ language, GNU toolchain, and Unix: QNX, Linux, or equivalent
- Experience with QNX and Qt/QML
- Experience with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, and/or Wi-Fi
- Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent
- Working knowledge and experience developing an infotainment feature technology, such as navigation, voice recognition, media phone, or a similar technology
- Excellent project management skills, customer focus, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, FMEA, etc.)
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Allen Park, MI