Software Development Engineer
About the job
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on innovative consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
We focus our team on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Have you ever wondered how music licenses work, what goes into vendor royalties, or what our music partners cared about for data that we generate? The Amazon Music Reporting team is a primarily back-end service team who gathers data from multiple internal teams, enriches it through our data pipelines, and delivers external reports to delight our customers. We are the last bastion between Amazon and external parties. We build the end-to-end platform for reporting, critical report validations, data lakes, data pipelines, and delivery systems. We audit our results and present our metrics using front-end technologies. We focus our team on building a new reporting platform that scales as the same pace Amazon Music business scales. While we focus on back-end services, we have opportunities on data engineering, data science, middle-tier and front-end services, as we continue to build our new platform and scale with the business needs.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music Reporting team!
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Graduate degree in a related technical field
- Experience releasing highly scalable enterprise products full life cycle
- Experience with critical, 24×7 systems
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience with AWS services highly desirable including EMR, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Excited to learn about the business of music backend services with a vendor facing team!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1746197
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Culver City, CA